Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions govern the participation of a participant (the “Participant”) in any class, course, workshop or event organised by O School Ltd. (the “Company”) and the Participant agrees to be bound by the same.
1. The Participant represents that all information provided in the membership form and Paragraph 2 herein is true, accurate and complete. In the event that there are any changes to such information, the Participant shall inform the Company within 14 working days. In the event of failure to inform the Company, the Company shall not be responsible for any delayed, misdirected or lost mail or failure to contact the Participant, for any reason whatsoever.
2. The Participant acknowledges that he/she is in good health and does not have any history of a medical or physical condition.
Registration as a Member
3. To obtain a preferential rate for participating in a class, course, workshop or event organised by the Company, a Participant may register with the Company as a member (the “Member”).
4. Payment by Members for participation in any open class organized by the Company may be made by deducting the same amount of classes attended from the class package in the Account, if any. For any other course, workshop or event organized by the Company, payment can be made via cash or NETS only.
5. The class packages in the Account can be topped-up at any time, subject to a minimum of SGD14.00 for each purchase. Payment for such class package can be made only via cash or NETS.
6. For members registering with the Company anytime on or after [6th JAN 2015] ("New Members”) the membership shall be valid with no expiration date.
7. All class packages purchased will expire 6 Months from date of purchases, any remaining classes in the packages upon expiry will be forfeited without any form of refund whatsoever.
Rules of Participation
8. The Company reserves the right to change the timing and/or date of classes or to cancel any class, course, workshop or event, with or without notice, due to unforeseen circumstances.
9. The Participant shall be responsible for his/her attendance at any class, course, workshop or event and the Company shall not be obliged to make any refund or conduct any make-up session for the Participant’s failure to attend the class, course, workshop or event, unless such failure is due to any of the events stated in Paragraph 8.
10. Without prejudice to any of the Company’s rights under these terms and conditions, in the event that the Participant fails to attend any class, course, workshop or event for medical reason(s) and submits a valid medical certificate to the Company, then, subject to the Company’s approval of the medical certificate, the Company may refund the Participant for an amount not exceeding 60% of the cost of that class, course, workshop or event, as the case may be. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company reserves the sole discretion to determine the quantum of the refund, if any, and whether the refund will be paid in cash or credit to the Account.
11. All payments to the Company are strictly non-refundable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event that the Member cancels the Account, the Company shall not make any refund to the Member.
12. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the Account of the Participant on any of the following grounds:
(a) the Participant or his/her parent, guardian or relative insists that the Company entertain any unlawful or unreasonable request,
(b) the Participant or his/her parent, guardian or relative verbally or physically abuses the Company’s staff;
(c) the Participant or his/her parent, guardian or relative verbally or physically abuses other Participants
For the avoidance of doubt, in this event, any credit in the Account shall be forfeited without any refund whatsoever.
Confidential Information and Intellectual Property
13. The content of any class, course, workshop and event, including choreography and song choice must be strictly kept confidential at all times and never to be released to any third party without the Company’s prior written approval.
14. The Company is the sole legal and beneficial owner of the entire right, title and interest in and to any intellectual property right(s) conceived, originated, created and/or developed by the Company or the Participants for, during or pursuant to the class, course, workshop or event. Such rights include, without limitation, all rights which may subsist in patents; registered and unregistered designs; copyrights; dance choreographies or other dramatic works; materials used in classes, courses, workshops and events; trade-marks; ideas; knowhow; methodologies and techniques.
15. The Participant shall not use or otherwise exploit in any manner whatsoever, any of the rights or works stated in Paragraph 14 without obtaining the prior written consent of the Company.
Risk of injury, loss or damage
16. The Participant acknowledges that he or she brings any valuables to any class, course, workshop or event at his or her own risk and hereby releases the Company from any liability for loss of or damage to the Participant’s belongings on the premises.
17. The Participant acknowledges that there are risks of injury associated with all forms of dance or exercise and shall not hold the Company liable for any loss, death or injury, including, without limitation, injury to the muscles, ligaments and bones, arising from or in any way related to participation in any class, course, workshop or event. The Participant assumes all such risks and agrees to release and forever discharge the Company from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature arising from or in any way related to such participation.
18. The individual signing below hereby represents and warrants that he/she is of sound mind and is duly authorised to execute this Agreement on behalf of his/her own self and that this Agreement is binding upon him/her in accordance with the terms and conditions set out above.
19. The Company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time and without prior notice given to the Participant. The Participant shall be responsible for checking these terms and conditions, which will be updated and posted on the Company’s website.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore.
2 ORCHARD LINK, *SCAPE #04-04, SINGAPORE 237978 | INFO@OSCHOOL.COM.SG