O School Ltd (CLG, Charity), a performing arts centre, was established as a social enterprise in 2006 with the support of the Ministry of Community Development, Youth & Sports’ (MCYS) ComCare Enterprise Fund.
O School aims to identify and develop youth dance talents as well as the Singapore dance market, so as to build sustainable careers for these talents.
O School has 3 social objectives:
1. To provide employment and development for youth talents
2. To engage youths through O School programmes/events.
3. To celebrate youth potential and talents via O School events.
To this end, O School has been constantly developing urban dance curriculum which are deployed in our *Scape studios, coached institution dance teams, produced national and international events to build up the dance community.
In April 2016, O School’s first urban dance company, Six.5 set foot into theatre creation work at Victoria Theatre for their inaugural Six.5 production.
In June 2016, O School is a National Youth Fund recipient from National Youth council for Super 24 and Love For Dance Camp; it is also a Major Grant recipient from National Arts Council from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2018.
In addition to regular dance classes, O School also believes in developing the arts scene in Singapore by creating events to develop and showcase talents. O School has been actively creating avenues for dance enthusiasts to showcase their skills and techniques.
To inspire youths to pursue their dreams just as we are pursuing our dream - bringing dance to the masses.
To be a leading dance school in Asia in terms of influence, expertise and inspiration.
Excellence, Integrity, Enterprise
Impact Report (FY 15-16)
- 41,756 students benefited from 1,467 open classes.
- 12,956 audience outreached (Super 24, Classick, O School Recital & L4D Camp)
- 8,500 audience outreached for Super 24 and 45 participating crews.
- 3,200 audience outreached for O School Recital and 200 students benefited.
- 906 audience outreached for Classick and 9 artistes developed.
- 604 students benefited from 23 courses.
- 350 youth benefited from Love for Dance Camp (L4D Camp).
- 30 instructors trained under UDI Programme.
- 21 institutional partners (Secondary, Tertiary, Junior College and ITE)
- 10 resident choreographers and 13 contract choreographers given a platform to share their skills.
MOVE WITH US
O School Ltd is a charity with IPC status, donations of $100 and above will be issued with a receipt. As these contributions are tax-deductible, kindly provide us with your identification number (NRIC/FIN/UEN) in order to be given tax deductions on your donation. We will forward your donation details to IRAS and the tax deduction will be automatically reflected in your tax assessment.
Donations to O School Ltd will be channeled towards production of community events/programmes and Six.5 company productions.
*Online payment for donations coming soon*
2 ORCHARD LINK, *SCAPE #04-04, SINGAPORE 237978 | INFO@OSCHOOL.COM.SG